Open spot keeps connecting disconnectine

W1DGL

Re: Open spot keeps connecting disconnectine

Post by W1DGL » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:10 pm

HA2NON wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 am
Slow (1Hz) flashing red Status LED means that the null connector is active. This is the default case when you've done a factory reset. Activate another connector to initiate connecting to a server.
Fast flashing red Status LED means openSPOT is trying to connect to the selected server, but it can't connect (network issues, or server is down). In this case you should try using another server.

Make sure openSPOT is connected to the same router your browser device is connected to with an Ethernet cable. If http://openspot.local/ does not work then please open the web interface by entering openSPOT's IP address in your browser. You can find openSPOT's IP address by looking at the DHCP client list in your router's web interface, or you can use an IP or MDNS scanner app.
Unfortunately, my router's page only shows the MAC addresses unless they're connected - I have the openSPOT allowed, but it's not connected and only showing its MAC address, not its IP.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Look at the DHCP clients list. If it's not listed there then use an IP scanner app to find out the IP address if http://openspot.local/ is not working.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

W1DGL

Post by W1DGL » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:15 pm

HA2NON wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 pm
Look at the DHCP clients list. If it's not listed there then use an IP scanner app to find out the IP address if http://openspot.local/ is not working.
The IP scanners I can find only scan my computer's IPs, not the WiFi's.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:15 pm

You can also get the openSPOT's active IP address by entering the "net" command (without the double quotation marks) over the USB serial console. You can find more information about the USB serial console in the openSPOT user manual at https://www.sharkrf.com/products/opensp ... cy/manual/
SharkRF Team

W1DGL

Post by W1DGL » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:03 am

HA2NON wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:15 pm
You can also get the openSPOT's active IP address by entering the "net" command (without the double quotation marks) over the USB serial console. You can find more information about the USB serial console in the openSPOT user manual at https://www.sharkrf.com/products/opensp ... cy/manual/
Nope. None of the suggested serial terminal software worked for me. openSPOT doesn't show up as a USB terminal on my Device Manager, either, when connected via the Ethernet cable to the computer.
I'm running Windows 10 Home edition.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 am

Please connect the openSPOT with a USB cable to your computer. The USB cable has to support data transfer, not just charging, so if you've connected a USB cable and it still does not show up, then try another. The originally supplied USB cable supports data transfer.
SharkRF Team

W1DGL

Post by W1DGL » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:57 pm

HA2NON wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 am
Please connect the openSPOT with a USB cable to your computer. The USB cable has to support data transfer, not just charging, so if you've connected a USB cable and it still does not show up, then try another. The originally supplied USB cable supports data transfer.
My openSPOT only has an Ethernet connection. No USB. The only USB connection it has is for power.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Connect the openSPOT to your computer instead of a USB power supply.
SharkRF Team

W1DGL

Post by W1DGL » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:27 pm

HA2NON wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:29 pm
Connect the openSPOT to your computer instead of a USB power supply.
My power supply is 'hard-wired' to the "wall wart"; connecting a USB cable to it doesn't show up in my system as a USB drive.

W1DGL

Post by W1DGL » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:23 am

Plus, I have no idea as to how to configure any of the programs suggested (PuTTY, RealTerm or TeraTerm).