Openspot connecting issues.

tmmccrann

Openspot connecting issues.

Post by tmmccrann » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 am

First about 8 days ago, Openspot just starting flashing a red light and no connection.For awhile I could log in via the ip address, 192,168.0.100, then it was 102, and then 104. The alphgatext way never has worked, always had to use the ip address. While I could connect, I tried all servers in the U.S. same results, says connecting but never connects. How can I determine what the ip address is if I can not connect to the Openspot. Prior to this foul up, I have had the Openspot about 12 months and have had no trouble

HA5OGR

Re: Openspot connecting issues.

Post by HA5OGR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:00 am

Login to your router and check what IP you router's DHCP server is assigning. You can see another method in online manual.
"OpenSPOT’s factory setting is to acquire an IP address using DHCP from the user’s local router/DHCP server. You can open the web interface by entering openSPOT’s host name in your browser (you have to enter http:// before the hostname, otherwise your browser will start a web search instead of opening the web interface). The factory default host name is openspot, that’s why you have to open http://openspot/ when opening the web interface for the first time. If it doesn’t work, try opening http://openspot.local.
If neither of the above works (this may be the case if you want to open the web interface on Android and iOS phones, which don’t support MDNS or LLMNR), you can try opening the web interface with openSPOT’s IP address. Here are some tips on how to find openSPOT’s IP address:
– You can look at the DHCP clients list in your router’s web interface.
– If voice announcements are enabled in the openSPOT, you can query the active IP address:
– DMR: start a call to the IP address query DMR ID (by default it’s 9001). In DMR mode, voice announcements are sent to TG9, so to hear them, make sure you have TG9 in your radio’s RX group list.
– D-STAR: start a call to the repeater info callsign …….A (7 spaces and an I, replace dots with spaces)
– C4FM: enter the Special command DTMF code (by default it’s *) followed by DTMF code B
– On Android and iOS phones, you can use MDNS/Bonjour discovery applications to find openSPOT’s IP address. Recommended apps for Android are Zentri Discovery or ZeroConf Browser."
Last edited by HA5OGR on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 am

A local ham looked at my RF Openspot. Here is what he found.
Well, I know why it had no DHCP address. It is set to static IP of 192.168.1.99, so DHCP is disabled.
I connected to http://openspot/ which is 192.168.1.99 just fine. I looked through all settings and found no reason for the failure to connect (flashing red status).
I even connected both yours and mine at the same time and compared settings, even changing yours back to DHCP temporarily; no difference.
The reset button felt strange so I opened your up and the reset button was destroyed; parts fell out.
I also flashed the latest firmware v0138 with no change.
Although I can get to the openspot just fine with either DHCP or static IP, noting changes the "connector connecting" status.
The only time I've seen that before is when the Null connector was selected...

I'm at a loss, other than possibly send back to sharkrf for repair?

So I guess it will have to be repaired, if the price is worth it.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

If you are using a static IP address then make sure the gateway and DNS server settings are correcty, otherwise the openSPOT can't reach the internet. You can post a screenshot of your openSPOT's network settings and we'll look at it.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 pm

MY PROBLEM, i CAN NOT GET TO THE OPENSPOT SETTINGS. I GO INTO MY ROUTER, IT SAYS OPENSPOT IS 192.168.0.106, BUT WHEN I ENTER THAT, NOTHING HAPPENS. SO I CAN NOT POST ANY SCREEN SHOTS. LIKE I SAID, THE OPENSPOT WORKED GOOD FOR THE FIRST 10 MONTHS BUT ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO, IT JUST FLASHES A RED LIGHT AND WILL NOT CONNECT. WENT TO A NEIGHBORS HOUSE, SAME RESULTS. HAVE TRIEDF BRAND NEW INTERNET CABLES, SAME RESULTS.

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 am

these are screen shots of each item in the openspot setup screens. They are left to right, status showing "CONNECTING" WHICH HAS BEEN SHOWING THAT FOR THE LAST 5 HRS. sCREEN SHOTS ARE ZIPPED (7Z),
Attachments
Pictures.7z
(670.82 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 am

Ok, your active profile slot is 1 (tmmccrann) now. What kind of mode did you save in it? What happens when you change to default?
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am

Please post screenshots of your Connector page so we can see your Homebrew connector settings.

Please turn off Hotspot security on your BrandMeister network SelfCare page https://brandmeister.network/?page=selfcare
Otherwise the default password (passw0rd) will not work.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Took care of the Brandmeister security , I have attached 3 connector screen pages. They are 1,2, and 3, top to bottom as the Connector settings are too large for just one screen. The file is Connector,zip.
Attachments
connectors.zip
(517.14 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm

aPPARENTLY turning off the Brandmeister security function corrected the Openspot because its working now. Thank you for your help.