New OpenSPOT Model

AB8DT

New OpenSPOT Model

Post by AB8DT » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Nobert,
Any news available yet on when you will be putting the new version up for sale? Time frame of weeks or we looking at months? A little teaser on new features would be appreciated too :D

skunkworks

Re: New OpenSPOT Model

Post by skunkworks » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 pm

I hope Nobert provides some information on the new model soon....

a lot of users and possible new customers are waiting, some of them cannot wait and have been ordering pi-star units.
I tell them the opespots are better and I dont support cheap copies or pirates who steal other peoples hard work, even if its cheaper.

I hope the new model has GSM sim card cell data ready features and software applications to match it.

I think Shark RF's hardware and operations logic is well made (good quality) programming interface and panels are user friendly.

Also I hope Nobert would allow exisiting customers an early pre-ordering window for the new model

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:17 am

We don't have a timeframe yet, but product details will be released soon.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

skunkworks

Post by skunkworks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:07 am

Thank you Norbert "Nonoo"

scosol

Post by scosol » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi all- I thought I would add to this discussion.

I am new to the OpenSPOT (and hotspots in general) but I can quickly feel the quality in my experience thusfar with this product. I have a very long and varied experience in embedded/soft/hard devices (solar, networking, etc) and am thoroughly impressed. I think these days with so much Chinese manufacturing, many people forget just what a well-engineered and produced product feels like. With that, the OpenSPOT was always out of my mental price range- just a little too expensive for what I wanted to do with it. I am by no means a power user and for others maybe they seem "cheap", but i am just describing my own experience and perception. (I am using them to connect multiple remote sites via the srf-ip-conn-srv server, with basic DMR radios) I purchased mine during the Easter Sale, which put them very much in to my mental price range. (I wish I would have bought 2 more) I am as eager as the rest of you to see the new product, but I am also scared that it will be out of my price range again. ... Without knowing the specific direction or reasoning (cost reduction? more features?) for the ending of openSPOT production, I guess all I can say is that I hope that the new product(s?) fall in to a price range that works for me, and makes it less likely for people to go to Chinese clones.

PD4MM

Post by PD4MM » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:53 pm

I hope with 2 TS ;-)