Baofeng RD-5r

AG3U

Baofeng RD-5r

Post by AG3U » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 pm

I did not see a similar posting, if there is, please let me know where.

I have the openSPOT working fine on my TYT MD2017. All features work great, Using my ID-51A on DSTAR, all is good.

I purchased a RD-5R, set the code plug, seems to listen great openSPOT - TG9, but when I key the PTT on the RD-5R, and attempt to talk I do not show on any Last Heard list. The openSPOT then seems to lock up , all LEDs seem to go high speed crazy when I should be receiving. Only way to reset seems to be unplug the openSPOT. Similar attempts, similar results. Use my TYT again, all is fine. I can talk between the TYT and RD-5R, like in a walkie talkie setup, so I do believe the RD-5R is on the right frequency, right color code,correct talkgroup, and Slot1. The DMR AutoCal Connector does not show any activity when the unit is transmitting, my TYT does..just fine.

Any ideas? Many thanks...

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Baofeng RD-5r

Post by HA2NON » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 am

Have you tried the built-in openSPOT local echo on DMR ID 9999?
Please check the USB serial console log to find out what's happening.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

AG3U

Post by AG3U » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:28 am

No activity on the console log when the RD-5R is transmitting. When using my TYT , I see logging data. Also, no response using DMR ID 9999.

Tnx de Ag3U

AG3U

Post by AG3U » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Finally up and running.. Using 9999 all seems good. I did find the factory reset for the RD-5r, then reloaded my most current version of code plug. Still wasn't happy. Changed RX freq to be different on radio than TX. no luck...then changed back .. somehow... found the LEDs on openSPOT did not go crazy, and echo on 9999 was working. Used the DMR Autocal and it selected Mode B for lowest BER. We shall see from here...Many tnx de Ag3U