Reporting willful and/or malicious interference

K3JRZ

Reporting willful and/or malicious interference

Post by K3JRZ » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Where do I go to report willful and/or malicious interference on the Yaesu System Fusion AmericaLink room?

Thanks.

Zombie

Re: Reporting willful and/or malicious interference

Post by Zombie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:02 am

I would think the FCC for starters. Also let WA8KIM know about it since he does some stuff with the America Link Network. Probably wouldn't hurt to let Yaesu know about it as well. Yaesu will most likely refer you to the FCC and they don't seem too interested in jammers and such (as evident on the HF bands). I listen quite often on the AL Network but don't recall hearing any problematic violators. Is it usually happening at a certain time of the day and/or do you suspect who it might be?

K3JRZ

Post by K3JRZ » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I've noticed that N9BEL has been doing it on & off. I caught him 2 days ago after listening to 2 hams talking in German. He held his PTT down for about 30 minutes and then and a little while after that. A few people were able to get through to talk somehow. I've seen him do it before but didn't record the date & time.

Zombie

Post by Zombie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm pretty sure he can be banned from the system and/or room without too much difficulty. I'm sure if the right person sees it some action will be taken. I monitor the room quite a bit but will watch it a little more closely.

dazey77

Post by dazey77 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

How are you sure it's him rather than a non-ham borrowing an ID and causing trouble? I would want to be sure before I started reporting individuals to the authorities! Perhaps you had a way to verify. . .

W2MJP

Post by W2MJP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 pm

How do you know its not his network/node having a problem and causing this to happen. I have seen on many different occasions this happen. Usually fixed with a email to the control operator. Hopefully its a misunderstanding of the situation and not a menace operator.
de W2MJP__Mike :D

DaveKY

Post by DaveKY » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 pm

I agree with the last two posts for various reasons. Not up to date with YSF and how their radios ID but with dmr or similar, it would be easy to pirate another's ID. Then there is the 30min keydown statement...most digital radios will timeout way before that. I have seen dmr get into a sort of loop condition with the network that made it appear that the operator was sending morse. Sounds like a network issue and not malicious.
Even if it was, I wouldn't post an accusation with callsign on a public forum...there are better ways. :roll:

vocoder

Post by vocoder » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 pm

K3JRZ wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 pm
Where do I go to report willful and/or malicious interference on the Yaesu System Fusion AmericaLink room?

Thanks.
How about you start by trying to report it to him? As others have mentioned, he maybe unaware. He has an email address listed on his QRZ page.