Unable to upgrade firmware

NT3F

Unable to upgrade firmware

Post by NT3F » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:25 pm

I have tried many times to upgrade the firmware but I am getting nowhere. I rebooted to bootlogger and get the two files, but I do not get the firmware.bin file anywhere. It times out and the two files disappear and openspot program just sits there trying to upload something and will also time out at some point. I am hard wired into the local network, the USB cable is plugged into the computer I am trying to do the upgrade thru, I have used 2 different browsers. I never see any change in the LED's. I have tried the other method using the pen in the little hole, with the same results.

DaveKY

Re: Unable to upgrade firmware

Post by DaveKY » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Not really sure what could be going wrong so I'll tell you what has been working for me. First I go to the update website.

https://www.sharkrf.com/products/opensp ... y/fw-beta/

and click on the version.bin file that I'm looking for and save it to the computer's desktop.(so I can find it easily)

the last one I used was:

https://x.sharkrf.com/fw-beta/osp/srf-osp-1.1-0141.bin

Then like you, I'll put the spot in boot loader mode, when the box shows up I'll click on and drag the version.bin and drop it in the box. The computer will say that it is copying the file .bin from desktop to whatever drive it assigned to the spot. After that I just let the openspot do its thing and restart.

There may be better methods but this has worked for me several times. Hope it helps you.
Maybe someone else will jump in with a better method.

NT3F

Post by NT3F » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Your suggestion was right on, did the upgrade on the first try. Thank You.

bx2aek

Post by bx2aek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:34 am

Dear Openspot forum/Openspot team:

Need advice as I failed to upgrade to v141 (for not being able to copy and paste the BIN file)and the Openspot now has an error file on F: and can not connect via PC anymore. The Status light keeps blinking red. Please advice how to reboot/reconnect the device again. Thanks and 73s

Kim BX2AEK user since 2016
Kim Liao
BX2AEK

Taipei, Taiwan
bx2aek@gmail.com

bx2aek

Post by bx2aek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:38 am

A little bit correction : the Status red light is on not blinking, can not access from PC...
Thanks
Kim
BX2AEK
Kim Liao
BX2AEK

Taipei, Taiwan
bx2aek@gmail.com

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am

Continuous red status LED means the bootloader detected an error.

Start the bootloader using the reset button method, then reupload the firmware file.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

bx2aek

Post by bx2aek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks NON, however for some reason I could not download the BIN file, my PC uses Acrobat to download the file(in a pdf format in the Download folder) that can not be uploaded...any suggestion to troubleshoot? Appreciate the help.

Kim
Kim Liao
BX2AEK

Taipei, Taiwan
bx2aek@gmail.com

bx2aek

Post by bx2aek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks NON, however for some reason I could not download the BIN file, my PC uses Acrobat to download the file(in a pdf format in the Download folder) that can not be uploaded...any suggestion to troubleshoot? Appreciate the help.

Kim
Kim Liao
BX2AEK

Taipei, Taiwan
bx2aek@gmail.com

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Right click on the file and select Save file as or similar from the dropdown menu.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

bx2aek

Post by bx2aek » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:30 pm

I was able to download and upgrade, however I had to enter all the parameters again after using the reset method.. Thanks and 73s

Kim
BX2AEK
Kim Liao
BX2AEK

Taipei, Taiwan
bx2aek@gmail.com