WIFI network password

melpes69@gmail.com

WIFI network password

Post by melpes69@gmail.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 am

I've memorized my 3 domestic WIFI passwords on my openspot2. When I need to switch from one net o another (home net to smartphone net for car usage for instance) , I scan the network (wireless scan), find the net name of my desired wifi and push connect. But it asks me the password all time despite hotspot should already know it having been stored on the specific menu (wireless settings, save to all configuration profiles flagged)
The stuff it is to enter all time my home router wifi...more complex than my smartphone one !!! :D

Can you please fix it ? Or I'm doing something wrong ? Firmware V22

Thanks in advance
Alberto IW5EIA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: WIFI network password

Post by HA2NON » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 am

Turn on advanced mode and you can add up to 5 different Wi-Fi networks per configuration profile. According to the user manual: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... s-settings

If Advanced mode is enabled, you can define up to 5 Wi-Fi networks (per configuration profile) to connect. If the first configured Wi-Fi network is not available, then the openSPOT2 will try connecting to the second one. If it's not available either, then it'll try the third one and so on. After trying connecting to all of the configured networks, it restarts the sequence with the first network.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

melpes69@gmail.com

Re: WIFI network password

Post by melpes69@gmail.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:40 am

@HA2NON, thanks so much. I was wrongly supponing that, before leaving a wifi net i was obliged to declare on what network openspot should link. Instead, as you have told me and as I tested ...it start searching the next available network among the ones previously stored.
GREAT !!!

HAve a great day

Alberto