openSPOT(ver1) not connecting after FW -0141 upgrade?

vk5bb

openSPOT(ver1) not connecting after FW -0141 upgrade?

Post by vk5bb » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:44 am

Hi,

In using my openSPOT the other day, I happened to bring up the Dashboard on my computer.
Whilst reviewing settings, a message came up advising of a Firmware update is available.
I duly downloaded the latest version, srf-osp-1.1-0141.bin

I rebooted the openSPOT into boot loader mode, but having done so I lost the BootLoader Window, so I had to reboot the openSPOT into bootloader mode.

I then copied the new file across, waited while the file was loaded, received the report "SUCCESS", waited, the openSPOT self rebooted into normal operation, announcing "Openspot profile zero ready", which has been the normal announcement.

However, though all seems well and all settings appear to be OK, but the unit now will not connect to a Reflector that is operation and has been my standard "boot up connection".

On the Status page, the Status shows "connector connecting".

On the openSPOT, the following leds are;

ACT: slow flashing green
Modem: no lights
ETH ACT: intermittent rapid flashing

Could someone advise what my problem may be and what might the solution be please,

Regards
Ben VK5BB
Adelaide, South Australia.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: openSPOT(ver1) not connecting after FW -0141 upgrade?

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:37 pm

The LEDs indicate that the device is working properly and it is trying to connect to the selected server. If you send us your exported configuration profile file to info@sharkrf.com then we'll check your settings. You can export the configuration to a file by clicking on the Export button on the Settings page.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

g7ddn

Re: openSPOT(ver1) not connecting after FW -0141 upgrade?

Post by g7ddn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:41 am

I had exactly the same thing happen to me after this upgrade, the dreaded 'connector connecting' message! :)

I could connect to REF reflectors but not DCS ones - DCS005H is my usual reflector of choice.

It turns out that somewhere along the line, my callsign had been deleted from the relevant section in the Connectors tab. It was still there for the REF ones (when I changed it to REF) but had been deleted for the DCS ones.

May be it's a bug or something that happens on the upgrade, but well worth noting it was an easy fix!
Just enter your callsign in the field if it is blank!

Cheers

Chris G7DDN