OS2 will not auto change access points

pdaustin

Re: OS2 will not auto change access points

Post by pdaustin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello, I am experiencing the exact same thing as well. When I got my OS 2 new it auto connected to whatever access point I had in the list absolutely no problems. I have recently updated as suggested to firmware V49 and still experiencing the same problem. The OS2 Will connect to my home Wi-Fi my cell phone no problem I have a local cable company that has Wi-Fi throughout the entire city for it’s customers that it connected to absolutely no problem when I first got it but now it will not connect to this Wi-Fi throughout the city which is a major issue and now I have to use my cellular data constantly. If it never worked initially I wouldn’t mind so much but the fact that it worked beautifully and now it doesn’t is a problem.

jfboyd52

Post by jfboyd52 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:54 pm

This is only my opinion as a user and not verified or confirmed by SharkRF...... on a couple beta’s something was left out in the WiFi module coding that executes the auto-connect. A new beta would be quickly released that re-established. I’ve since stopped the auto firmware update in my settings for both stable & beta to avoid unwanted problems and manually update only stable only after I know it is clean. I’m currently on stable V47. Hang tight! They will fix it. I’m extremely pleased with the admins and programmers response and support.

pdaustin

Post by pdaustin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Understood, and totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I love the device and it's simplicity but just hoping this comes back since it is very useful when you don't have to use cellular data.

Louwrens

Post by Louwrens » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 pm

I have also this problem