DMR cross mode to NXDN

Dfb8085

DMR cross mode to NXDN

Post by Dfb8085 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 am

I watched a video on you tube where you use the number 7 as a prefix to whatever talk group you want to connect too. I have those setup as group calls in my radio and the status of the openspot2 shows connected to whichever one. I cannot hear any ne come back to me. I am transmitting directly on the talk group with the 7 as a prefix and have TG 9 , 7 , 6 in a receive group associated with the channels in the radio. My question is can someone please tell me what the connector should be set for, wha the modem should be for and if I need to switch to or created a special talk group to transmit and receive on like you do with fusion and talk group 9. What about the NXDN setting page what does it need to be on. It repopulates the last 5 digits of my DMRplus id a sty nxdn id. Not sure if that's right either

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: DMR cross mode to NXDN

Post by HA2NON » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 am

Do you mean that you have a DMR transceiver, and you want to use an NXDN server with the NXDNReflector connector?
I don't know what you mean by "number 7 as a prefix".
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Dfb8085

Post by Dfb8085 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 am

There is a video on the web where a guy says to use "7" as a prefix to the talk group you want to connect too. Anyway all I want to do is cross mode dmr to nxdn by whatever means. can you just tell ne step by step how to setup the openspot2 to accomplish this. I have read the user manual and it just doesn't make sense to me with all the different terms

Thanks

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:44 am

You don't need to prefix anything with a 7 and there's no video from us that's saying this.

Set up your connection using the Quick Setup. After that, you can transmit your calls to TG9. Make sure it's set as the TX contact for the current channel on your transceiver. You can find more information on cross modem modes in the user manual at http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... modes.html
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team