Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

W8ADA

Re: Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

Post by W8ADA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm

This is the EXACT same behavior I am experiencing. There has got to be a bug in the firmware somewhere. I have been working with the team here and have firmware version v54 and still no resolution.

W8ADA

Post by W8ADA » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:04 am

I might add to be fair, I have been working extensively with Norbert with regard to the firmware, who has been pretty good about it considering my frustration. I may have an additional hardware issue and they are going to exchange the unit. That's good business; I just fear the issue with the OS2 dropping the Internet browser(s) until you unplug it and plug it back in is in the firmware...

K3SLS

Post by K3SLS » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm

W8ADA wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm
This is the EXACT same behavior I am experiencing. There has got to be a bug in the firmware somewhere. I have been working with the team here and have firmware version v54 and still no resolution.
I'm also seeing the identical behavior, but starting with the V54 firmware update. Previous firmwares always allowed hitting browser refresh, the try again button, or worst case using sharkrf.link for resolution. With V54 I've had to cycle the power on each OS2 to gain http access. The devices behave fine other than browsing...that is they continue to transmit and receive normally.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:13 am

The recommended way to open the web interface is to use sharkrf.link
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

G4TKO

Post by G4TKO » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am

Even using RF link will not restore only way is to power off and then it reboots!!

K3SLS

Post by K3SLS » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

G4TKO wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am
Even using RF link will not restore only way is to power off and then it reboots!!
Agree! There seems to be a timeout issue when one has left the OS2 page and attempts to return sometime later. The OS2 is clearly working because I can transmit to the target room and I can hear all QSOs without issue. It just won't allow a browser connection to the IP (Safari, Chrome, Firefox all have the issue). sharkrf.link finds the UID, but when selected and attempts to go to the IP...same result. It's like port 80 was closed after some period of time.

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Just now :
First time :
Using sharkrf.link brings up uid input then resolves internal ip ( 192.168.1.2 ) and then stays on loading page .
Second time :
Went back to sharkrf.link ( backspace ) this time after uid it goes to login page - after login it momentarily shows status page then goes to timeout screen .
Third time :
Went back to sharkrf.link ( backspace ) this time after uid it goes to login page in address link ( 192.168.1.2/#login ) but it hangs at a blank page ( no loading message ) - hit refresh and login page comes up - after login - momentary status page then timeout page again .
Refreshing browser while on http://192.168.1.2/#status just keeps showing loading message on blank page - sometimes it goes to timeout and sometimes it just hangs there ...

K3SLS

Post by K3SLS » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 pm

A possible contributing factor is I appear to lose browser connection when a severely over-driven DMR radio lands in a FCS room I'm monitoring with a C4FM radio. That situation seems to cause the OS2 to drop connection to the FCS server and get into a disconnect/reconnect cycle. After a number of cycles, the browser connection freezes.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:47 am

Please make sure the Internet connection quality is displaying "ok" on the Network page to avoid reconnections:

- Place the openSPOT2 close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi bandwith is set to max. 20Mhz in the Wi-Fi router (see explanation here: https://superuser.com/questions/542191/ ... less-speed)
- If it still does not work, try switching Wi-Fi channel on your Wi-Fi router. Only channels 1, 6 or 11 should be used (see explanation here: https://www.metageek.com/training/resou ... -6-11.html)

You can see the reason of disconnects in the openSPOT2's device log on the Status page (or over the USB serial console, after entering the log command).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Oh - OK - I understand that you are probably addressing the previous posting where someone said their OS2 lost the WiFi connection . At first I was confused as to how WiFi configuration would possibly contribute to the browser disconnect / login failures when OS2 connection to radio and WiFi continued to operate normally .

As a test - I left my browser logged out - and left the OS2 going for 12 hours . Then I tried login from browser . Good login and it goes to status page .

I will do more test and ask other people to do same test . Leave OS2 going for hours and have browser logged out . Then after many hours, try logging in .

If this test continues to show that browser to OS2 connection only goes bad when browser remains logged into OS2 - then that would indicate that it is problem with OS2 communicating with browser over long time period .

If the browser fails to login after not being connected then the problem would seem to be some core process in OS2 . If the browser ONLY fails connection and logins when connected to the browser for long periods of time then it probably has to do with browser connection interface processes etc . It may be specific to only being connected for long periods to the status page ...

So, do two tests -
Test one - leave browser LOGGED IN and see when it disconnects and not able to log back in to OS2 .
Test two - leave the browser LOGGED OUT and when OS2 has been running for a long time ( 10 hours or more ) occasionally try to log in to OS2 and see if there are times when you are not able to log in and get to the status page and other pages .

If it only happens that login and page access is not affected EXCEPT when browser is logged in and connected for several hours - THEN I think that would show that WiFi is not causing a trouble and indicates that OS2 firmware is having problem with continuous connection / communication with browser .

Also, I just thought of another test - leave browser logged in but NOT on status page .

If just being logged in and not on status page does not cause trouble and only when logged in and on status page causes disconnect and problem of not being able to login again - would indicated that problem is with OS2 connection / communication with status page .

Otherwise if disconnect and login fails happen anytime browser is left logged in and not necessarily on status page would indicate it is problem with connection / communication to web browser no matter what page is accessed .