Using the MMDVM protocol - Server - Reflector

big20estcourt

Using the MMDVM protocol - Server - Reflector

Post by big20estcourt » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 pm

I am a new to this and would need a little hand holding to setup my Connectors page. I reside in the State of Maine and would like to have traffic with New England, for now. I am using the MMDVM server IPSC2-New York and have also attempted to connect to the DMRplus reflector 4641 USA New England. I have attempted to get on the NewEng-TRBO dashboard with my TYT using the local talk groups without any luck thus far.

Would it be possible to be to get some set up do's and don'ts?

Regards,

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Using the MMDVM protocol - Server - Reflector

Post by HA2NON » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 am

Is your openSPOT2 connected successfully to the server? (status page displays "connected" at the status field)
If yes, make sure you transmit calls to TG9 on your transceiver, as reflector traffic should go to TG9 and the server will transmit reflector traffic to TG9.

Please also read the DMR usage notes in the user manual at http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... notes.html
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

jhammond117

Post by jhammond117 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 pm

I am also confused in trying to use the TG9 option .

I have programmed my CS750 radio and Openspot with a Brandmeister zone for 16 frequently used various talkgroups and it seems to work just fine.

I am now attempting to set up another Brandmeister zone to operate solely on one channel, TG9, and to have the ability to choose via the keypad whatever other TG I want to operate on.

1.. I have set up TG 9 as a contact (OS BM Reflector) and also as a receive group (BM Reflector) as I think the Openspot procedures show and assigned it to the zone.

2.. I PTT on the channel with the “BM Reflector” and use the keypad to key in my requested TG, i.e. 31088, and choose Group call as the type.

3.. The Openspot status page shows that I am connected to 31088 but don’t hear any audio and when I PTT to try to connect I get dropped from the 31088 and reverted back to the TG 9 connection.

I think I have set everything up correctly but no luck in connecting to a “once in a while” TG connection. What am I missing?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:46 pm

If you want to use talkgroups, then you have to set the TX contact on your transceiver to the talkgroup ID.

Also to hear the openSPOT2's voice announcements, it is recommended to create an RX group list in your transceiver, put TG9 into this list and assign this RX group list to all channels you use for the OS2.

If you'll get comfortable using talkgroups, then you can try the call rerouting feature of the openSPOT2. Call rerouting is described in the user manual on this page: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... ector.html
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team