Problem connecting to Brandmeister

Rick54321

Problem connecting to Brandmeister

Post by Rick54321 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 pm

I am having no luck getting my FT3DR and Openspot2 working on Brandmeister. The closest I've gotten is successfully switching to the DMR/Homebrew/MMDVM Connector mode, then selecting "Homebrew" and connecting to the US 3201 server. The only way I seem to be able to connect to a TG is by inputting the TG number directly into "Autoconnect to ID" slot but then I can only receive and not be heard when I transmit. I know I must be missing something obvious (no jokes, please) but would appreciate some hand-holding, starting with the proper way and place to enter a TG number. Thanks in advance.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Problem connecting to Brandmeister

Post by HA2NON » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:04 am

First test the connection between your transceiver and the openSPOT2 by using the OS2's built-in local echo service on DMR ID 9999. If you hear yourself back correctly, then test the server's echo service which is usually available on DMR ID 9990. If you hear yourself back correctly, then make sure you've read http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... notes.html and set up the TX contact for your transceiver's current channel to the TG ID you want to talk on.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Rick54321

Re: Problem connecting to Brandmeister

Post by Rick54321 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks very much. I finally got things working but it required a reset of the OS2 back to factory defaults and restarting everything. When I first received the OS2 I had another callsign and the attendant DMR numbers but got my old callsign back via a Vanity application. I noticed that both my callsigns would sometimes alternate in the OS2 interface so that in fact may have been my problem. At any rate, thanks for indulging me and your help is greatly appreciated. Assuming you run Customer Service I would suggest you give yourself a huge Christmas bonus!