multiple wifi connections

mrtractor

multiple wifi connections

Post by mrtractor »

I guess Iam doing something incorrect, am in advanced mode trying retain more than one wifi. Every time I select a different one it cancels out the first one. What am I not doing correctly?

dominic

Re: multiple wifi connections

Post by dominic »

Physically you can connect to multiple wifis if you have multiple antennas or at least multiple virtual devices which I doubt the openspot is capable of (hardware and/or software side).

So you should rather stick to using only one wifi network at a time and change them as your location changes.

I don't think that this is even possible with the actual hardware and software the openspot comes with.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

If you use the initialization setup, then it will store the configured network to SSID slot #1, so it will be overwritten.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

pjlerm

Post by pjlerm »

so enlighten us how to store multiple wifi routers on openspot 2. I have the same problem here. Let me clear this up a little. I store my at my location, then I got to my sons house, I store at his location then when I come back home my wifi router is not connecting, yet my last setting which is my sons qth is. How do you store the different wifi routers.??? Tnxs, Pete

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You can set 5 Wi-Fi networks on the Networks page, Wireless settings section. Make sure Advanced mode is enabled at the bottom right of the web interface.
SharkRF Team

mrtractor

Post by mrtractor »

That is my question also, maybe I was not very clear on my first post. I want to store more than one wifi, but when I try to add a second one the open spot wants to change wifi's to the one I am adding and the first one goes away. So I still only have one stored in the first spot, and the first one I had connected is now gone. I figure it is something I am not doing correctly to store each.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please make sure Advanced mode is turned on. Enter the 1st Wi-Fi network's name to SSID#1 and key to Key#1, then enter the 2nd Wi-Fi network's name to SSID#2 and key to Key#2, then click on the Save button.
SharkRF Team

mrtractor

Post by mrtractor »

So I can list each wifi and then when booting up the open spot 2 it will automatically connect to the one that is available, is that correct?

dominic

Post by dominic »

mrtractor wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:32 pm
So I can list each wifi and then when booting up the open spot 2 it will automatically connect to the one that is available, is that correct?
correct