DStar Cross Mode

N7TND

DStar Cross Mode

Post by N7TND »

I have been using my DStar radio to cross mode to DMR. Everything works well when I follow out line on Page 78 under D-Star Notes. URCALL works well as does DTMF. When I try to disconnect using a U in the Mycall the OS3 defaults to a Null reflector and I have to go to the Web Page to recover. Using *4000 gives me the same problem.

Also - Switching back to DStar works like a change using URCALL but, once, in DSTAR I can't get back to DMR from the radio - have to use the web interface again.
I must be missing something?

Ralph

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: DStar Cross Mode

Post by HA2NON »

Do you mean that DTMF *4000 switches the active connector to the Null connector?

If you use the latest beta version v8 (which will become stable on Monday), then you can switch back to the Homebrew/MMDVM connector by setting the URCALL to BM followed by the BrandMeister server ID. Example: starting a call to destination callsign (URCALL) BM2162 switches to BrandMeister server 2162 (Hungary). Switching to BrandMeister servers this way changes the openSPOT3's active connector.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

N7TND

Post by N7TND »

Hello - Yes *4000 makes it go to Null connector. I'll look forward to the update - thank you.

Ralph

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

We've just tested this using firmware v8, and can't reproduce the issue. We've dialled DTMF *4000 on a D-STAR transceiver while connected to a BM server with the Homebrew/MMDVM connector. The connector stayed the same after dialing *4000 and the OS3 started a private call to DMR ID 4000.

Keep in mind that *4000 will start a private call to 4000, so the server will only unlink reflectors. If you want to unlink dynamically linked TGs, then you have to start a group call (#4000).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team