Any Tone 878

larry

Any Tone 878

Post by larry »

I have an AnyTone 878 and have not been able to get it to work with the Open Spot 3. I'm not able to hear any audio from the radio but I do see the green RX light and I do see the a talk group flash on the screen when the OS3 sends an announcement. Volume is at 50% on the radio. Color Code is set to 1 everywhere and the time slot is set to 2 (does this setting matter?) Radio and OS3 are about a meter apart. I've set the OS3 power level to 50%. AnyTone 878 is at lowest power setting. My channel setting on the radio is 433.90000 for rx and tx. DMR mode is Simplex. I have a receive group list set and it has all the talk groups in it, one for 9, and 9999 (echo), 9998, and 4000. Digital encryption is off. Bandwidth is 12.5k. I've done the auto calibrate on the OS3 and it sticks with a zero offset. This has never worked, OS3 is brand new but I'm having the same issue with my OS1. My other DMR radio is working fine, just some setting I'm missing on my AnyTone.

-Larry

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Any Tone 878

Post by HA2NON »

Please first test the connection between the transceiver and the OS3 with the OS3's built-in local echo service by calling DMR ID 9999. Do you hear yourself back without issues?

If yes, then connect to a BrandMeister server, and test the connection between your transceiver and the server's echo service by calling DMR ID 9990 *with a private call* (it does not answer for group calls). Do you hear yourself back?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

larry

Post by larry »

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the OS3 local echo and I see the green RX light on the radio but I hear nothing

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please make sure the OS3's TX power is set to 100% to avoid any TX power issues.

If it still does not work, then this is a transceiver configuration issue, as the OS3's local echo sends back a private call to your transceiver, which should be always heard, regardless of RX group list and other settings. Maybe others with an AnyTone 878 can help you find the settings which causes the issue.
SharkRF Team

larry

Post by larry »

I've reset the 878 back to factory defaults and set up a talk group 9 and 9999 and added them to my rx list, set up a channel matching the OS3 frequency, digital mode, simplex, cc1 matching OS3 and slot 1 (if that matters) and added the rx list to that channel. I can now hear my echo from the OS3 when sending to 9999 but the audio is super low. I've increased the mic gain to 5 (max) and I've set the OS3 TX power to max (13 dbm). 878 is set to low power but I've tried several radio power settings. My echo audio level is very low and a fairly distorted. Are there OS3 modem settings that would improve the OS3 reception?

Yes, it is time to try another radio which will do as well as posting something to the AnyTone forum.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The OS3 plays back the exact audio data it received when using the local echo. It does not modify it.
SharkRF Team

larry

Post by larry »

My Hytera PD685 is working fine with the OS3 so maybe my AnyTone has a defect or there is some compatibility issue with the OS. I tried the auto config and it comes up with 0hz offset. I've tried to force an offset incrementally 50hz, 100hz and so on up to 300hz + and - but no difference. The connection between the OS3 and the AnyTone is very distorted. I've also tried to adjust the deviation of the OS3 tx but this doesn't make much difference and also have tried different OS3 modulation modes. If someone has an AnyTone 878 working with the OS3 I'd be interested to know if you had to do anything special to get it to work.

Larry
HB9EYQ/N7BCP

larry

Post by larry »

It is definitely the radio RX audio level and am seeing quite a few posts in other forums such as the FB AnyTone forum regarding very low audio levels so you can consider this thread closed, thanks all for the ideas. OS3 working fine with my other radio.

HB9EYQ
N7BCP