Trying to make C4FM to DMR work

ethanSLC

Trying to make C4FM to DMR work

Post by ethanSLC »

Hello all! I have used my OpenSpot2 on D-Star a lot, but DMR is new to me. I recently acquired a Yaesu FY3D and would like to try out the C4FM to DRM capability on the OpenSpot2 but I cannot make it work.

I have registered for a DRM ID and have set up an account with Brandmiester. On the OpenSpot2 I went through the quick set up and made sure the modem mode was C4FM and used the BrandMiester manager to connect to a talk group. My radio is able to receive just fine and I can transmit to the OpenSpot (my call shows up in the status list), but my transmission never seems to make it to the DMR network. I have tried the Parrot talk group and never get my transmission repeated back. On 91, I have responded to lots of calls and never get and response, so clearly my transmission is not making it out. Any ideas? Here are a few screen shots of my settings:

Here is my call sign showing up in the status list:

Here are my connector settings:

And here are my DMR settings. Note that I have tried having both unchecking and checking the "Allow only IDs as cross mode callsigns" and didn't see any difference:

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Trying to make C4FM to DMR work

Post by HA2NON »

Make sure you've set the "Route cross mode calls to ID" setting (Connectors page, Homebrew connector settings) to the talkgroup ID you want to talk to (set the call type to Group call). This is automatically done by the Quick Setup, however, the call log you've posted does not show that your call is sent to any TG ID (probably this setting is now 0). Also, please make sure Advanced mode is turned on before taking screenshots (this setting only shows up if Advanced mode is turned on).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team