OS2 and Wires-X Button Functionality

Rick54321

OS2 and Wires-X Button Functionality

Post by Rick54321 »

I'm hoping someone using an Openspot 2 with a Yaesu FT3D can help me with a problem. I am trying to use the Wires-X button functionality with no success. I have watch several videos on the procedure but still no luck. Here's what I'm doing: connected to the OS2 I press the Wires-X button and the FT3 switches over. I tap SEARCH AND DIRECT. I have added BMSTR as a Category and scroll down to it and hit ALL. I tap scroll to 3101 and tap on it. The radio switches to BM3102 and goes back to the SEARCH AND DIRECT screen. This is where I get stuck: I cannot figure out how to access the list of rooms available via BM3102. All I get is a circular path taking me back to choosing one of the BM Servers (3102, 3103, 3018). Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OS2 and Wires-X Button Functionality

Post by HA2NON »

You can only switch DMR servers, not talkgroups with the X button menu. You can use DTMF codes to switch talkgroups on your Fusion transceiver.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Rick54321

Post by Rick54321 »

Thanks very much - that explains a lot about the issues I have been having. At the risk of being a complete dummy, how would I input a DTMF code for a room once I am connected to a DMR BM Server? I appreciate any assistance.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Fusion transceivers usually lets you enter DTMF when you press PTT (a DTMF touch button will appear on the display).
SharkRF Team

Rick54321

Post by Rick54321 »

Thanks. And where do I find the DTMF code for a specific room? Is it the BM room number?

Another question: I have a friend who also has an OS2 and asked me a question: with a dual VFO rx/tx radio like a Yaesu FT3DR, is it possible to monitor 2 room connections at the same time or set up some sort of scanning function that would accomplish the same thing? Again, I apologize if this is a dumb question but every time I ask you something I learn far more than I expected! And that is very much appreciated.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please see the C4FM notes section on this page: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... c4fm-notes
What you can do with DTMF is the same as with a DMR transceiver - start group and private calls to the server. The server will then decide what to link/unlink for you. For more information on talkgroup linking/unlinking please see http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot2/en ... notes.html

The OS2 will only transmit 1 call and monitor 1 server/room at a time. However, if the server supports it - like BrandMeister - then you can link multiple talkgroups which will be transmitted to your transceiver.
SharkRF Team