V.29 question

Dboggny

V.29 question

Post by Dboggny »

Weird to say the least and I can’t figure out how to trouble shoot. OS3 drops internet connection fairly consistently after several minutes and can’t connect again. But doesn’t happen on iPhone/iPad hotspot. This is new with v. 29. This, in addition to the Dstar XLX issue mentioned in a different thread.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Last edited by Dboggny on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: V.29 problems.

Post by HA2NON »

We have not changed network connectivity/Wi-Fi stuff in the firmware update.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Dboggny

Re: V.29 problems.

Post by Dboggny »

Ok thanks

KD2HKN

Re: V.29 question

Post by KD2HKN »

Same here. Plus the Dashboard is very unresponsive and sometimes it appears the whole web service on the OS3 has to reload to get working. Changing profiles are laggy. A friend of mine is having the same issues.

What QC was performed prior to going to stable, and what are our downgrade options? Seems like me and Dboggny are having multiple issues with the OS3 (still no guidance on the OS3 dropping DCS traffic from you, Norbert). We want to work with the Shark RF community and help rectify them. What data would help investigate this potential firmware update issue? Thank you.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: V.29 question

Post by HA2NON »

You can see what's changed in the changelog: https://www.sharkrf.com/products/openspot3/changelog/
There were no changes related to the internal web server or profile handling system.

All firmwares are thoroughly tested before beta release, and beta releases are tested continuously. Beta firmwares will eventually become stable ones.

We are still investigating the DCS/XLX issue.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team