TGIF problems

AI7HL

Re: TGIF problems

Post by AI7HL »

AI7HL wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm Yep. I'm sending a group call to 4000. I have put in support tickets with them. All they did was refer me to you and refuse to answer any further questions. Their support person clearly does not know enough to help... or perhaps too lazy to do so.

I have heard their admins on the air. They have utter disdain for their users. Mocking them openly in public. I should probably just give up using their network.
Maybe I will try their forums. With any luck I can find someone who is using an openSPOT and can reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help.
martinfab

Post by martinfab »

It is my understanding you do not need to unlink from TGIF you can just change talk groups. I use my open spot on TGIF regularly and just move from talk group to talk group without a 4000 group call. This is not the same on Brandmeister. My 2 cents. If I want to unlink I switch the connector to NULL.

TGIF admin have at least one open spot and are familiar with them. Apparently they are not willing to help? They know the answer.

73, KJ7PRS
AI7HL

Post by AI7HL »

martinfab wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:19 am It is my understanding you do not need to unlink from TGIF you can just change talk groups. I use my open spot on TGIF regularly and just move from talk group to talk group without a 4000 group call. This is not the same on Brandmeister. My 2 cents. If I want to unlink I switch the connector to NULL.

TGIF admin have at least one open spot and are familiar with them. Apparently they are not willing to help? They know the answer.
I do know that I do not need to unlink, and can just change talkgroups. And I know about the NULL connector. But... that doesn't explain why:

1. I cannot disconnect with a group call to 4000
2. I get talk groups linked on both TS1 and TS2 at times
3. Their self care only allows me to control TS2

And yes, the TGIF tech support were not helpful. That is an understatement.