Won't Upgrade Firmware

WB4JM

Won't Upgrade Firmware

Post by WB4JM »

I have not used my OS3 for some time. Connected the other day and my firmware is at V29. Looked at the manual and followed it but for some reason the OS3 won't upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks
- Jeff, WB4JM
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Won't Upgrade Firmware

Post by HA2NON »

Please describe what steps did you take when upgrading the firmware and which step failed.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

WB4JM wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:55 pm I have not used my OS3 for some time. Connected the other day and my firmware is at V29. Looked at the manual and followed it but for some reason the OS3 won't upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks
- Jeff, WB4JM
Have a look here:

https://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/e ... l#page-top

and scroll down to "I want to manually upgrade the firmware"

then follow the instructions. This step is needed because your firmware is old and automated updates don't work with such a large difference in versions.
Brian G8SEZ
W4TAZ

Post by W4TAZ »

I have had the same problem for months now. I got an email back to do a manual firmware update. That didn't work. I emailed again. Now I just get ignored. I have a video of me trying to upgrade the Openspot3. At 94% the lights go from flashing red/green to a solid green then reset after a minute to a yellow/green flash. Not sure if the openspot is timing out before the transfer is complete. I have done this over and over again. I bought this thinking it was superior, but now I am really aggravated! Especially since it cost a bit more than the others.
de W4TAZ
W4TAZ

Post by W4TAZ »

OK i just got into the Openspot 3 link instead of the SharkRF link. It shows that the Openspot firmware is updated to V60. The SharkRF Link still tells me "Your openSPOT3's firmware version is too old. Please manually upgrade the firmware by following the instructions in the user manual". So there is something wrong with the SharkRF link not recognizing that the firmware is actually up to date. Working normally now.
So maybe that is what everyone's problem is.
Check the Openspot link and check the firmware version.
SharkRF link needs to be fixed for some reason.

Mark
W4TAZ
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please send us a screenshot to info@sharkrf.com of your Device info section on the web interface.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

W4TAZ wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:36 pm OK i just got into the Openspot 3 link instead of the SharkRF link. It shows that the Openspot firmware is updated to V60. The SharkRF Link still tells me "Your openSPOT3's firmware version is too old. Please manually upgrade the firmware by following the instructions in the user manual". So there is something wrong with the SharkRF link not recognizing that the firmware is actually up to date. Working normally now.
So maybe that is what everyone's problem is.
Check the Openspot link and check the firmware version.
SharkRF link needs to be fixed for some reason.

Mark
W4TAZ
Well it would appear that for some reason your OS3 is not able to communicate with sharkrf.link and consequently has not updated the remote database, you might need to override the DNS settings on the OS3 to make this reliable. All sharkrf.link does is to allow the OS3 to tell it it's local IP address so that this can then be passed on to the browser once you have told it your unit ID.
Brian G8SEZ