Openspot 4 shipping times

digitalvoice

Openspot 4 shipping times

Post by digitalvoice »

I just purchased the openspot 4 and curious how long it will take to ship. Also I see the manual but are you going to create a new openspot 4 group? This way we don’t post on the openspot 3 group anymore.

Lastly just kidding. It’s 2pm and the openspot 4 in Estonia is still not for sale even though it’s May 26. Will it be delayed?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Openspot 4 shipping times

Post by HA2NON »

The openSPOT4 and the openSPOT4 Pro are now available for preorder: https://www.sharkrf.com/products/openspot4/

We'll ship with FedEx and shipping will take approx. 2-5 days worldwide.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
dl7ahd

Post by dl7ahd »

When does the shipping for OpenSpot 4 Plus start?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Shipping starts on 16th June (estimated)
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W4AFK

Post by W4AFK »

Ordered mine (Pro) on day one, received confirmation invoice and CC payment processed. I see that the "Pro" is out of stock for new orders, which doesn't surprise me as the built-in hardware for cross-mode support is much better and warrants the extra $ :-)

Now I assume that as my payment went through, that my OS4P will be part of the first shipments on or around June 16th.

In preparation, I bought a Yaesu FTM-200DR to replace my analog radio. Why that one? Per the posted info regarding the "OpenSpot 4 Pro", if I use a C4FM radio (ex. Fusion), I will be able to cross-connect from C4FM to D-Star, DMR, NXDN >> and << P25. The latter is what I was looking for and using a C4FM (Fusion-II) radio was the best path. This also gives me a Fusion radio. I already have D-Star, DMR and P25 radios, so why not a Yaesu System Fusion radio? :-)

BTW, I have been using an OpenSpot (V1) for many years and it has been rock-solid. I use it at home, and it will stay here. I skipped the OS2 and OS3 and I would have skipped the OS4 but when I saw that the OS4P had hardware for cross-mode, I went for it.

I also have two "Zumspot" hotspots and a "DVMEGA Cast" appliance. I do have a "DV4Home V2", but it's just used to RX Fusion and D-Star as the owners went belly-up and we wound-up with an incomplete and locked hardware. They refused to publish any info for users to modify the code.